Competitive salary dependent upon experience
We are offering the exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic professional to join and lead our successful club.
Your role will be to lead the established operational team as well as define and implement the club’s commercial strategy.
Reporting to the club’s Management Committee you will be given the support and freedom to make the necessary decisions to drive change and maximise the club’s significant commercial potential.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Management and leadership skills with an intense focus on customer care and staff management
- Strong track record in management preferably in a sports club environment
- Commercially astute, forward thinker that brings added value to the team, with innovative ideas that could further enhance the club’s commercial opportunities
- Proven track record in contract negotiation and management
- Excellent numerical skills with demonstrable experience of budget setting and control
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
ABOUT PRESTON GRASSHOPPERS
Preston Grasshoppers is a friendly, inclusive and welcoming club. Established 150 years ago, it is one of the oldest rugby clubs in the world.
Commercially, the club is very successful, it is open 7 days per week, has a permanent catering team and a range of rooms available for hire. Alongside corporate hire during the week is a well-established events programme and match day hospitality.
The club is about to embark on a significant refurbishment of its facilities which will ensure its sustainability well into the future.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to Club Secretary e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date is Friday 24th May 2019. If your application is successful you will be invited to an interview at a suitable time the following week.