Preston Grasshoppers RFC is looking to employ a full time experienced ambitious chef in their busy kitchen at the rugby club at Lightfoot Green Lane, Fulwood, Preston.
We are looking for a candidate with previous experience in the catering industry and qualified to at least NVQ level 2 catering. You will be involved in all aspects of food preparation and the running of the kitchen. You will need to be capable of running the kitchen when the head chef is off duty. Hours of work may be varied each week and candidates will be expected to work evenings and weekends as part of their hours. You will need to undertake a food hygiene/handling course (if not already qualified). In return Preston Grasshoppers will provide a rate of pay commensurate with experience, all meals while on duty and a staff uniform. You will need to have you own method of transport to and from work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To have a hands-on approach to get involved in many aspects i.e. cleaning duties, vegetable preparation, washing up, service etc
- To ensure company standards are followed in the preparation of food
- complete opening and closing procedures for the Kitchen
- to consistently check produce before service for freshness and flavour
- Prepare and present quality food and ensure all final products leaving the kitchen are at the company standard
- To report any issues with food quality and freshness
- To follow correct food and hygiene standards
- Ensuring that the kitchen is always presentable
- To follow cleaning checklists – especially during quiet times
- To ensure the Kitchen, surrounding work surfaces and floor are kept tidy and clean at all times
- To be flexible in filling shifts as required to ensure the Kitchen is always fully staffed
- To keep stock usage, wastage, loss and breakages in the kitchen to a minimum level and to record accordingly
- To ensure all relevant records are complete and are accurate
- Take on board points raised at reviews and to work on any identified weaknesses or issues
- Request assistance and / or training where necessary
Competitive Salary negotiable dependent on experience.
Please send your CV in the first instance for the attention of the General Manager to email@example.com. Preston Grasshoppers RFC, Lightfoot Green Lane, Preston. PR4 0AP. Closing date for applications 31st July 2017.