Job: Director of Rugby
Organisation: Preston Grasshoppers RFC
Closing Date: 13th March 2017
Preston Grasshoppers one of the oldest clubs in England (1869) and currently playing at L4, is looking to appoint a Director of Rugby to lead their strategic plan.
Preston Grasshoppers run 6 Senior Men’s Teams a Ladies Team and have one of the most successful Mini & Junior Sections in the country.
The DoR is responsible to the Rugby Committee for the effective leadership of all rugby related matters at the club. The DoR will be assisted by the Rugby Management Team which will comprise 1st and 2nd XV Coaching Teams, Chairman of Rugby and the Rugby Committee.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulation of overall rugby aims and objectives, and the formulation of policies for their implementation.
- Oversee player & coach development including recruitment
- Take responsibility for the selection of 1st XV Coaching and Support Staff
- Take responsibility of the selection of 1st XV playing squad and its performance on match days
- Maintain relationships with the CB and national governing body.
- Implement policies for selection, recruitment and retention of players
- Oversee coaching programs for all players and teams within the club
- Proven track record
- Comprehensive technical & strategic knowledge
What we offer
- Opportunity to be part of a strategic plan to make Preston Grasshoppers the leading NW Club
- Opportunity to influence the policies to meet the strategic goals
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexibility with working hours and time commitment
Please forward your cv and supporting letter to Richard.email@example.com by 13th March 2017.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role and expectation of the club please contact either
Iain Crosley firstname.lastname@example.org 07740 732760
Michael Lough email@example.com 07766 381339