- General Manager. The PGRFC Management Committee has been considering the future of the Club in the light of the Covid-19 crisis and has decided that the scale of activities at the Club now, and in the foreseeable future, is such that the position of General Manager cannot be sustained. Therefore, the General Manager (Ben Hedley) has been given notice. Ben is thanked for his efforts and contribution and is wished well for the future.
- The position for all our other staff remains as previously reported. The Management Committee will continue to monitor the situation with a view to determining the optimal approach to recommencing the Club’s operations as and when permitted.
- At some point in the future, when the Club is permitted to re-commence activities, depending upon the timing and nature of the relaxation of the “lockdown” conditions, it is the intention to appoint an Operations Officer, probably on a part time basis at least initially. This role will have limited responsibilities compared to the previous General Manager role, and be focused on managing the day to day operations of the Club. The role is likely to be advertised at the appropriate time but if any member is either interested, or knows of someone who might be interested, they are welcome to chat to one of the Management Committee.
- Building work. Anyone whose daily exercise includes passing the clubhouse will see that a start has been made on improving the reception area and re-locating the offices, with a significant enhancement to the Club’s wi-fi. Contracts have been placed for a new floor, partitions and additional exterior door in the Dooley Suite and work should commence on this later in May. A less obvious but vital piece of Capex is the replacement of the boilers which are reaching (and are probably already beyond!) the end of their useful life. Further Capex commitments are dependent on a clearer picture emerging of the Club’s likely position post Covid-19, with priority on long term sustainability.
- Please continue to follow the Governments advice, look after yourself and I hope you, family and friends are all keeping well.