Volunteers Required for the UK Corporate Games
The UK Corporate Games is a multi-sports festival held annually across the UK. This year Preston is the host city and Preston Grasshoppers are the host venue for the Rugby 7’s and Touch Rugby tournaments.
The games are scheduled for the weekend of 14 & 15th July, with pre-event registration at the Guild Hall on the 12 & 13th, and a large procession and after-games party at 53 degrees on the 15th.
The club is required to provide volunteers for each event (Rugby 7’s & Touch Rugby) into the roles of:-
- Recruit and manage the 5 person Sports Organising Committee (SOC)
- Implement competition details throughout the duration of the event
- Ensure the committee fulfils the specific responsibilities as detailed in the SOC manual
- Oversee venue operations during the event
- Be available to attend approximately 3 Sports Co-ordinator meetings
- Ensure all SOC members & Sports officials pre-register in person
- Registration of all athletes and officials
- Validation of athletes and officials during the games
- Recording of results of all games
- Retention of raw data
- Reporting of results to the games centre
- Recruit & manage all officials prior to & during event
- Ensure standard of officials is suitable for event
- Ensure officials pre-register
- Follow & oversee medal presentation according to the SOC protocol manual
Further definition of specific responsibilities is available from Colin Whalley or Kai Burns.
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals seeking to enhance there CV with organisation of a national competition, to gain unparalleled experience or simply to engage with national & multi-national Corporations.
If anybody would like further information please contact Colin Whalley (07793425961), Kai Burns (07894489730) or check out the Corporate Games web-site, www.corporate-games.com.
Anyone interested in volunteering should fill in the form below or contact Colin or Kai.